Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Experimenting: My Novel Freshman Experience and another Trippin' with Holly and Susan



 I'll confess, there's a certain freedom in experimenting. I've been doing a lot of that this summer with both clay and paint. Trying to see what works—what I like. Letting go of the need to be perfect and approach art (and life) with no real expectation other than answering the question what-if. (That's my favorite writing question, too!)

What-if. It's a powerful question. What if I tried...? What if I did...?
All that questioning and experimenting has taught me things. First thing is, I like asking questions. Second, I learn more from trying something myself than having someone tell me. Yes, I learn more even if the experiment fails. Something that all my arting and claying (yes, I've decided those are words) have taught me that I really like folk art. I've started to collect pieces by other artists. Knowing my art preferences will help as I try arting myself. I start back to school tomorrow (I'm so jazzed about going back) and have been thinking about what I want to learn this term in ceramics. I want to learn practical studio things, like loading, programming a kiln and mixing glazes, but in terms of my claying, I want to experiment more. I want to what I can do with clay. I'm sure you'll be seeing more My Novel Freshman Experience. I hope that you all ask yourself, what-if...and try something new this year. A class. A new podcast. Something. Life is short and there's so many wonderful things to try! Try something new today!

Holly PS A new Trippin' with Holly and Susan







What does a hero named Larry have to do with Taco Bell and Trippin" food? Listen to today's Trippin' video and find out!

 (BTW, since the senior editor didn't think Larry was a hero's name, I changed it to Mac—everyone called him that except the heroine, who spent most of the book calling him Larry...I'm so tricky!)

PPS 


PS. Don't forget my new release Polished Off: A Maid in LA Mystery is out! Check out Quincy's newest adventure!

And there's a salespalooza this month. Check out:
Just One Thing
Hold Her Heart
Everything But...series


Don't want to miss any new releases in the future? Subscribe to my Newsletter!! I'll keep you up-to-date and I frequently have something special for subscribers!

As always, you can find my ebooks, paperbacks, hardbacks, audiobooks and available through Kindle Unlimited.  They're also available in a lot of other languages. I hope there's something for all of you!
Find my books at:


In Erie, you can find my books on the shelf at Werner Books! Stop in, check them out and tell them I said hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment