Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Radish...and I'm not talking about the veg.


Now, I think we've established I like vegetables. (We just got our garden put in...it's been a wet, cool spring here in Erie. I'll be doing more Views of my Garden soon!)  But when I mention Radish here, I'm not talking about the small red vegetable that grows in that garden. I'm talking about a newish app (well, new to me for sure).

I just loaded my first story on Radish Fiction.  I'm anxious to see how it works. 

Basically, you read a book in "episodes." Each episode is a couple thousand words. According to the app, they take under ten minutes to read. My second episode goes up today.

I'm finding the concept intriguing. Between family, writing and going back to school, my reading time is becoming more and more limited. But ten minutes? I can find ten minutes sitting in the car waiting to pick someone up. I can find that much time while stirring dinner on the stove.  I can find that much time...well, you get the picture, I can find that much time.  

I started with The Moments, a novella that's tied to Briar Hill Road.  And I'll be loading two full-length books, How to Hunt a Husband and The Makeover soon.  As an author, I'll see how it goes from there. As a reader, I think it's a cool concept and I'm enjoying it so far.

I've had books serialized in Japan before, and I know that my kids read on their phones.  So it's not a new concept, but I think it's a timely one. I know I'm not the only one out there too busy to breathe some days.

You can check Radish out wherever you buy your apps.  Search Radish Fiction.  And I've added that pink R to my list of places to buy my books at the end of each blog post. You can get there from that logo.

I hope you'll check out the app, and check out my stories there.  Please hit subscribe...that way you'll know when new stories come out.

Holly


PS.
My books are available as ebooks, paperbacks, hardbacks, audiobooks and available through Kindle Unlimited.  They're also available in a lot of other languages. I hope there's something for all of you!



In Erie, you can find my books on the shelf at Werner Books! Stop in, check them out and tell them I said hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment