Sunday, May 27, 2018

Book Stories: I Waxed My Legs for This?



 I've got to confess, I love coming up with titles. I've kept most of mine, which is rare.  Yes, publishers get the final say on titles, covers and back cover blurbs.

But of all my titles, I Waxed My Legs for This? is probably my favorite. This was the first book that sold to Harlequin. I laughed my way through writing it.  I have a friend who was talking about writing comedy and said, "I can never tell if something's funny until someone else tells me." I snorted and said, "I laugh my butt off whenever I write."  She whispered, "So do I, but it felt impolite to say so."  LOL Did I mention she'd a very sweet, Southern lady?


So please understand how much I laughed as my heroine put wax all over her legs...and called her best friend, the potential hero, to rip it off.  Yes, in my mind a true hero will rip hair from your legs.  

My grandmother however was aghast.  She never shaved her legs a day in her life and didn't have any hair on them.  So, shaving (and waxing) must make hairy legs.  LOL

And that's one of my I Waxed My Legs for This? stories.  And it's on sale today and tomorrow for 99¢.  I hope you'll check it out!  Maybe you'll agree that love can be a sticky situation...especially when you're in love with your best friend!

Holly 



PS.
My books are available as ebooks, paperbacks, hardbacks, audiobooks and available through Kindle Unlimited.  They're also available in a lot of other languages. I hope there's something for all of you!



In Erie, you can find my books on the shelf at Werner Books! Stop in, check them out and tell them I said hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment