Friday, May 25, 2018

Something fun for readers (I hope)...

Reviews.  Back in the stone age (remember the days before ebooks and audiobooks?) I didn't worry too much about reviews. They just showed up from RT (which announced it's over and done with...I'm sad) and other professional sources. 


Occasionally we'd hear from a reader, but it was mainly professional review publications that mattered.

These days, writers rely on reviews from readers. It makes such a bit difference at sites like Amazon and Goodreads.  It's not professional reviewers, but readers that can really make a book.  (So if you read one of my books, please consider sending a quick review to your favorite online site?  But keep reading, that's not the main point of this blog post...)



When I wrote my first Quincy Mac book, Steamed, I had family reviews for it. They're still some of my favorites. For second book in the series, Dusted, I had writer friends write funny reviews.  In Spruced Up, Christmas characters and for Swept Up, I even some fake movie reviews.  

So I need some for the new Maid in LA book, Polished Off. I thought maybe asking online friends would be fun? So write your best Maid in LA review and email or message me...or post it here. I'll use what I can!

Examples from Steamed:
Reviews from the author's family:


"Hey, at least it's not a romance." Holly's son.

"Dear God, not another cop character. Any police procedural inaccuracies are all Holly's. They are not the fault of her personal police models. Of course, the fact that she portrays cops as hunks is totally accurate." Holly's husband and two brothers (aka...the cops)

*"Holly is a fantastic writing talent...not that I'm biased."
~Holly's favorite daughter*

*"Holly Jacobs is an auto-buy for me. Not that I buy her books...she gives them to me."
~Holly's favorite daughter*

*"Holly makes me laugh...so do her books." ~Holly's favorite daughter*

*DISCLAIMER:
Holly has three daughters...she has no favorites.

If you've got a minute, I'd love to see your funny, or serious review!

Holly

PS.
My books are available as ebooks, paperbacks, hardbacks, audiobooks and available through Kindle Unlimited.  They're also available in a lot of other languages. I hope there's something for all of you!

Find my books at:
Amazon
Audible
BAM
Kobo
B&N
iBooks
Google Play






In Erie, you can find my books on the shelf at Werner Books! Stop in, check them out and tell them I said hi!









2 comments:

  1. In my best Emily Litella voice; " A review for Holly, Holly is this really wonderful thing we know about at Christmas Time, it goes with all kinds of green stuff and has berries and is fun to decorate with....WHAT, uh, oh, Holly is a PERSON? N-E-V-E-R-M-I-N-D!" PS OMG, It's Holly Jacobs! With Much Affection, Holly's Favorite Fan, lol ;-) Miccilina Piraino AKA Micci.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PPS, I did leave a review of Christmas in Cupid Falls yesterday at Goodreads and Amazon, LOVED IT! Micci

      Delete