Saturday, February 01, 2020

I'm worth it...

I was going to pick up something quick for my dinner while I was at the grocery store today. I'm solo this week and I've cooked a lovely risotto and some bangin' cream of chicken soup with cheese tortellini. Mmm. I thought cooking another nice meal for just myself would simply take too long.

And the moment I had that thought, I kicked myself. (Well, since the leg's still weak, it wasn't much of a kick, but I deserved it.) As I kicked myself, I reminded myself, that I'm worth it. I'm worth taking the time to cook something just for me. So I made a huge tossed salad with spring greens, and a lovely crab marinara. Had a nice glass of wine even.

I've spent my life as a caregiver. My brothers when I was growing up, my family, my grandmother, my neighbor...  I think it's easy for caregivers to forget to give themselves time as well. Taking a moment to cook myself a lovely dinner. Taking a moment to read a book. Taking a bunch of moments going back to school. Heading to the studio. Those moments...well, I'm worth them. Yes, I may forget sometimes. I think we all do. But it's worth reminding ourselves.

Maybe during this shortest month, we should all take a moment to do something for ourselves. Whether it's cooking, or claying, or reading...

Take a moment. You're worth it!

Holly

PS Here's my newest series:

OUT NOW: Crib Notes

Preorder: A Special Kind of Different
Kobo

Preorder: Homecoming
Amazon
iBooks
Nook
Kobo

The rest of the Hometown Hearts series will be coming soon.
Suddenly a Father will be out in September of 2020 and
Something Borrowed, Something Blue and Something Perfect in 2021!

1 comment:

  1. I know you are -
    you're definitely worth everything
    God has planned for you:
    God made only you in the whole,
    wide universe to RITE schtuff
    down in our Heavenly Library
    with a roller-coaster streching
    for miles 'n miles 'n miles 'n...
    Just us, miss gorgeous.
    Wanna? RSVP!!!

    ReplyDelete