Tuesday, February 04, 2020

What-Iffing


This week, Susan and I were asked what do we do if we get stuck on a manuscript. We have two magic words we both use. "What if?" They can lead us out of a dead zone. They create a path to the story.

But those two words are magic for more than writers. I think everyone needs to ask themselves, "What if?" on occasion.

For instance, I've always loved pottery. I've got a nice little collection. I asked myself, "What if I took a class?" (PS The answer to that question is, if I took a class I'd fall in love with making pottery.) Or what if I take the road less traveled? What if I try something new in the kitchen? What if read more about...(fill in any particular subject)? What if I volunteer my time? What if...

I've talked a lot about continuing to learn and try new things. What If? can lead to all of roads less traveled and roads never even considered.

So even if you're not a writer, try a bit of What If? soon! Or maybe you've already been What-Iffing? I'd love to hear about it!

Holly

PS Don't ever miss a Trippin' with Holly and Susan.  Follow me on YouTube.

PSS Here's my newest series. If you've already read Crib Notes, I'd really appreciate a review at your favorite online book site!

OUT NOW: Crib Notes

Preorder: A Special Kind of Different
Kobo

Preorder: Homecoming
Amazon
iBooks
Nook
Kobo

The rest of the Hometown Hearts series will be coming soon.
Suddenly a Father will be out in September of 2020 and
Something Borrowed, Something Blue and Something Perfect in 2021!

No comments:

Post a Comment