Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Family



Most of you know I've spent a lot of my writing career writing romantic comedy. But a few years back, I drifted into books that were something more. They were still romance, but they were were greater than a relationship. They were about the heroine's journey. Romance was a part of it, but not her entire trip. I tried to coin the phrase Womance (Women's Fiction & Romance) but it never took off. LOL So I went with Romance+.

My Hometown Hearts series starts with Crib Notes. A woman who works with teen moms. Suddenly Eli finds her journey echoing her students'. She might be older, but she's dealing with an unplanned pregnancy. Certainly being a teen mom brings its own set of challenges, but every age brings a host of obstacles. I love the saying that every obstacle comes with a gift...and I think Crib Notes' ultimate gift is finding just what makes a family

Family.

That's the overarching theme of my Hometown Heart series.

The second book, A Special Kind of Different, has a much smaller family made up of two brothers. Colm has special needs, and Liam who wants to keep his brother in bubble wrap...safe from the outside world. Until the heroine comes into their lives. Anna's job is to help Colm find his best possible life. She's built a career on helping exceptional people live exceptional lives. She's always had to fight for her clients...but she's fighting even harder in this case. Because in these two brothers she might have found her family.

The third book, Homecoming, is about a fractured family. A pregnant heroine who's lost her fiance and is facing a pregnancy and a baby on her own. Only she's not alone. It takes time to realize it and to reach out to friends.

The fourth book, Suddenly a Father, is truly special. It's Tucker's story. She's a former teen mom who inspired Eli's work. She knows who her family is. But the hero? He's the most isolated person she's ever made. Eli's life lessons drive Tucker to help him find the support he obviously needs. More than that, she helps him find his family in an unexpected place.

Family.

It's a subject at the heart of most of my books. Why? Because it's a subject of unlimited possibilities. I've spent a few years working on my family tree and what I've found and followed is so many broken branches. It's fascinating. And while I'm related to so many of these people by blood, I do know what truly makes a family...heart. And I know the people who are at the center of my heart and are my true family. Blood has nothing to do with it!

I've built my life around family. Sometimes it's overflowing with them. LOL But I love my life and all these crazy people who make it interesting. So it makes sense that I've built my career around family...and love.

Holly

PS Here's links to my Hometown Hearts series. If you've already read Crib Notes, you can preorder A Special Kind of Different and Homecoming. I'd really appreciate a review at your favorite online book site!


OUT NOW: Crib Notes

Preorder: A Special Kind of Different
Kobo

Preorder: Homecoming
Amazon
iBooks
Nook
Kobo

The rest of the Hometown Hearts series will be coming soon.
Suddenly a Father will be out in September of 2020 and
Something Borrowed, Something Blue and Something Perfect in 2021!

No comments:

Post a Comment