Thursday, January 30, 2020

Quiet

The house is quiet.

Weirdly quiet.

It's generally filled with Himself, various kids and dogs.

Himself is in Disney with some of the kids. I was supposed to be there, too, but even though I've ditched the crutches (YAY!!) I'm not up to a Disney trip. At least not the way my family does Disney...I've Fitbitted that in the past. It's generally at least a 20,000+ day. Yep, my swiss cheese thigh and I bowed out. And since Ella passed away, I'm here in this eerily quiet house.

I'm working on a new book and the main character is suddenly alone. And I think I understand the silence closing in on her better than I did when I started her story. I was trying to remember a time when I was all alone in a house for any extended period and came up blank. Most of the time, I'm cramming my work into the quiet minutes between the crazy ones. This week, I have a string of quiet minutes. And I'm hermit enough to enjoy the change of pace. For me it's a treat, but for my character...  Looking at a lifetime of those quiet minutes is a daunting task.

So I'm filling these quiet minutes by cooking food I love and Himself isn't such a fan of. (I made a banging cream of chicken and tortillini soup...mmm.) I'm working on the book I mentioned and in the studio, and I'm trying to finish this last Sanderson's Stormlight book (Dude, 1,200 pages?). I think I'm fortunate that I love solitude. LOL

How about you? Chaos or quiet? Or like me, do you enjoy a healthy mix of both?

Holly

PS Himself tried out the newest Star Wars ride yesterday and said it was amazing!

PPS. I hope you'll check out my new series!

OUT NOW: Crib Notes

Preorder: A Special Kind of Different
Kobo

Preorder: Homecoming
Amazon
iBooks
Nook
Kobo

The rest of the Hometown Hearts series will be coming soon.
Suddenly a Father will be out in September of 2020 and
Something Borrowed, Something Blue and Something Perfect in 2021!

ON SALE THIS WEEK at Amazon:

Just One Thing
First Everything But trilogy







No comments:

Post a Comment