Friday, January 03, 2020

Scallywampus

I'm still crutching around and trying to be a patient patient. It's not easy. But here's a quick trick I've found...when life goes all scallywampus, do one normal thing. For me, that's making the bed. Yep, every morning since I got out of the hospital, I hop around the bed and make it. It's something normal in my currently unnormal life.

I've also started to unload the dishwasher.  I never realized that my kitchen was set up perfectly for crutches, but it is. I can move things with ease down a counter to the proper cupboard. Scallywampus totally describes my life right now, so throwing in these little bits of normal makes a difference.

I've always been someone who likes a certain rhythm to their life. I like knowing what comes next. So finding ways to add some of my normal normal into my new normal helps.  I may not be walking 10,000 steps a day right now, but darned if the bed isn't made and the dishes put away.

And even if things are scallywampus, some things are still the same. I've got a new book coming out next week. Crib Notes.  My current situation is nothing like my heroine, Eli's, but she definitely is a character who has to adjust to a new normal. You see, Eli is a high school teacher who works with teen parents. And now that she's well passed thinking of becoming a parent herself, she finds herself pregnant, dumped and has a totally scallywampus life. LOL I think I'll take the messed up leg.

This is the first of my Hometown Hearts series.  Each book stands alone, but there are crossover characters and situations. The first two are available for preorder now:

Crib Notes:

A Special Kind of Different:

The rest will be coming soon.
Homecoming and Suddenly a Father will be out in 2020 and Something Borrowed, Something Blue and Something Perfect in 2021!

I'll confess, there's a bit of scallywampus in each!

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment