Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Book Stories: Series Week #2










 Okay, more series today...the first one is one of my most enduring.  They're older stories, which makes it so much more special that readers are forgiving about my inexperience and love them anyways.  It all started with Nana Vancy...only she wasn't a nana then.  She was just a young girl who was in love...then her fiance missed their wedding day. So she cursed his family to...bad weddings.  Not to loveless marriages. Just bad weddings.  She spends the first three books trying to break the curse. I was writing the ending of book three and realized, I didn't have a clue how to break that curse.  But as I mulled it over, I realized I'd laid out the answer already. Phew.

The second trilogy wasn't planned.  Readers kept asking for more about Nana Vancy.  It seems after she broke the curse, Nana Vancy got bored, so she tries her hand at matchmaking.  I pitched the first new book, Everything But a Christmas Eve, as Nana Vancy tries her hand at matchmaking...to the tune of the 12 Days of Christmas.  The editor bought it on that pitch.  LOL  When I got to the third book, I added two dogs who were based on my dogs to the story.  Of course I changed their names because they didn't want the PUParazzi hounding them.  LOL  That's them on the cover of Everything But a Dog.  We lost Ethel Merman (the black dog) this spring.  It's nice to know she has the book as a memorial.




 Here's the series in order:
Everything But a Groom:
Amazon, Audible, BN

Everything But a Bride:Amazon, Audible, BN
Everything But a Wedding:
Amazon, Audible, BN
Everything But a Christmas Eve:Amazon, Audible, BN
Everything But a Mother (ugly cover...sorry):
Amazon, Audible, BN
Everything But a Dog
Amazon, Audible, BN























Large Print
Large Print
Large Print







~~~



Okay on a related note (related to Everything But...) I originally sold these books to Avalon Books. They were a small niche publisher.  They did beautiful hardback editions (well, except that cover for Everything But a Mother...what the heck is that all about??) and they marketed them mainly to libraries.  When I heard that Amazon had bought the rights from Avalon and were putting the books out as ebooks (and later audiobooks), I wanted to do something fun to reintroduce them to readers.  So I wrote a trilogy of short stories, the Nothing But series.  Amazon also bought my WLVH series (more on that in a bit), so I added WLVH disc jockeys to the short stories.  I had so much fun doing them.  I hope you have as much fun with Nana and her crew!

Keep an eye out...series week continues tomorrow!


Holly




Polished Off

Don't forget my new release Polished Off: A Maid in LA Mystery is out! Check out Quincy's newest adventure!

And Carry Her Heart is on sale, along with the 2nd book in the series, These Three Words.

Don't want to miss any new releases in the future? Subscribe to my Newsletter!! I'll keep you up-to-date and I frequently have something special for subscribers!


As always, you can find my ebooks, paperbacks, hardbacks, audiobooks and available through Kindle Unlimited.  They're also available in a lot of other languages. I hope there's something for all of you!
Find my books at:




In Erie, you can find my books on the shelf at Werner Books! Stop in, check them out and tell them I said hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment