Friday, July 27, 2018

Book Series, #3 Pick Up Lines and more


Large Print


 I mentioned my WLVH Radio series yesterday, so here's a bit about it.

It was also a series bought by Avalon Books, who mainly marketed to libraries.  This made so much sense to me.  I was actively writing for Harlequin and having more hardback books in libraries hopefully introduced me to new readers...who hopefully picked up my Harlequins.  

The first book, Pickup Lines, had a simple enough premise.  As part of a WLVH Radio promotion, a girl and a guy live in a truck. The one who makes it longest wins it.  She's determined to win it because her car blew up and she needed it.  He's determined to win it as a marketing gimmick for the family business.  I've got to confess, I loved trying to set almost 
 book...in the cab of a truck.

The second book, Lovehandles, is named after the station, WLVH where love is more 
than just a song.  This one is the the story of two of the WLVH .  

The third book, Night Calls, is about a DJ who buys...an Old English Mastiff.  I mentioned that my dogs Ethel Merman and Ella Fitsgerald were the cover models for Everything But a Dog, well, the model for Night Calls was our Mastiff.  Oh, he was a sweet dog.  He didn't have a mean bone in his two hundred pound body.  What he did have was slime.  Lots and lots of slime.  In the interest of being accurate, I put that slime in the book.  Accurately.  My only revisions for the story was...deslime it a bit.  LOL So, what you get in the book is a bit less than he really slimed.  It's not just a dog story, btw.  His owner and a neighbor fall in love...with him and with each other!


Finally, the fourth book is Laugh Lines.  Now, the cover is bad, but truly it's better than the first version...which had what looked like a stripper pole in the center.  So the mic is a better choice.  It's a shame the cover was so bad. I loved writing a romantic comedy about a stand up comedienne.  Here's what I learned writing standup...it's hard to make standup comedy in a book.  Oh, I agonized over it.  But in the end, I was happy with this little story.

Here's the series in order:
Pickup Lines
Lovehandles
Night Calls
Laugh Lines
(and you meet one of the DJ's in the Nothing But... trilogy)



~~~




This next trilogy is near and dear to my heart.  The opening premise was...what happens when three single PTA moms miss the first meeting of the year and get stuck on the crap committee?  They were so much fun to write because I know these moms.  I was these moms.  Well, not the divorced or accidental arsonage parts, but the kids taking up the bulk of your time sort of thing.  I volunteered with the PTA.  I ran their Thanksgiving kids' party for years.  So yes, I do love these moms.  (If you're from Erie, the school is inspired by St. John's School.)

So here's my moms.

In Once Upon a Thanksgiving, Samantha has a full-time job and kids. Lots of kids.  The last thing she needs is to plan the Thanksgiving Pageant.  And yet there she is doing just that.  I side note, I'm pretty proud of the lines from the supposed pageant.  I wrote them!


Book two, Once Upon a Christmas, is about Michelle.  She's happy to plan the Christmas Fair.  She works full-time and is raising her nephew....who has never met his father and is determined to find him.  I loved how Michelle and Danielle work together in the story.

The third book, Once Upon a Valentine's still gives me glee. Carly was a pip. She's my accidental arsonist.  How does that happen?  Let's say you spent months planning, designing and buying the perfect pieces for your husband's office.  And let's say you finally finished and found him bopping the secretary (how cliche) on your perfect couch.  And let's say you win that couch in the divorce settlement.  Would you ever sit on it?  No.  You'd probably be like Carly and burn the thing.  Of course, if you do, move it far away from any neighborhood structures! LOL  To say Carly's anti-love is an understatement, which makes the fact she's planning the Valentine's Dance ironic.

I loved all these moms and their love interests.  If you want to check them out, they're:






Thanks everyone who said they're enjoying these refreshers on my series.  There's a few more to go!

Holly


Don't forget my new release Polished Off: A Maid in LA Mystery is out! Check out Quincy's newest adventure!

And Carry Her Heart is on sale, along with the 2nd book in the series, These Three Words.

Don't want to miss any new releases in the future? Subscribe to my Newsletter!! I'll keep you up-to-date and I frequently have something special for subscribers!



As always, you can find my ebooks, paperbacks, hardbacks, audiobooks and available through Kindle Unlimited.  They're also available in a lot of other languages. I hope there's something for all of you!
Find my books at:




In Erie, you can find my books on the shelf at Werner Books! Stop in, check them out and tell them I said hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment