Sunday, November 06, 2016

Just One Thing...down a country road!


I set Just One Thing out near our cottage. Today, as we drove to camp, down in a hollow where I pictured this scene, we saw deer. I managed to get a pic. It was life imitating art!

Here's the scent from Just One Thing...

I stood as still as I could and waited. Then they came out. 

A doe and three fawns. I knew that deer had twins frequently, but I’d never heard of triplets. But there they were. So close I could have tossed a pebble and hit them. 

I wasn’t sure if the wind was blowing just right and they didn’t catch a whiff of my scent, or if they knew I’d never hurt them. But whichever it was, the four of them daintily leapt over the ditch and walked across the road. 

And I stood and marveled. 

Sometimes, you find yourself inadvertently in the dark. But I’d discovered that if you stopped fighting against it and just stood still, sometimes something marvelous comes along.

Beauty is everywhere.  I think there's a chance there's a it's frequently down country roads!

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment