Tuesday, February 03, 2015

#Teaser Tuesday...Carry Her Heart

Given the weather that's gripping most of the US, I thought this was an appropriate #TuesdayTeaser!

Carry Her Heart 
release date 4-28-15


I’d always thought that autumn smelled of cinnamon. I breathed deeply and decided winter smelled of peppermint. Not peppermint candy, but the real herb I had growing in the backyard. Sharp, cold, with a bit of a bite. Clean. Not that it was officially winter yet, but the season arrives early on the shore of Lake Erie.

As if on cue, it started to snow.

“And thus it begins,” Ned intoned.

I laughed. “Another Erie winter.”

“Snow shovels and snowblowers,” he said.

I added, “Snow brushes.”

Ned took it as a challenge, thought a moment and said, “Snow pants.”

“Come on, that’s a bit of a cheat.

No comments:

Post a Comment