Tuesday, April 02, 2019

Holly Jacobs' April Newsletter

The Makeover


If you've watched my Trippin' with Holly and Susan videos, you've probably realized I'm a comfortable person. My studio clothes are my camp clothes are my everyday clothes. I went to NYC for a conference a few years back with my daughter. There was a big party at the Waldorf. She asked if I remembered to bring makeup. Uh, I hadn't. So she came back to give me a makeover before the party. Despite the fact mine was a good makeover, I have a lot of sympathy for The Makeover's heroine's bad makeover.

Here's her blurb:

Welcome back to WMAC News, a station Where Nice News Matters.
Erie, Pennsylvania reporter, Mace Mason longs for a big, groundbreaking story but he doubts he's going to find it in a small town in neighboring Ohio. What he does find is Zoe, a woman with the worst makeover in the history of makeovers. When she cleans herself up, he discovers a small-town girl who seems utterly content with her life. But he quickly suspects Zoe's trying to keep something from him. With each minute Mace is not only closer to the secret . . . he's closer to Zoe, as well.

Will this crazy couple ever fall in love and save the day?
***
Reviews:

"Holly Jacobs's latest is a very special blend of warmth and wit, highlighted by clever dialogue." ~RT Bookclub

"...loveable characters that come to life, a charming storyline, and an abundance of the humor one has come to associate with Holly Jacobs' books." ~Love Romances

"Ms. Jacobs does a fabulous job describing the personalities, foibles, and follies of small town living. Zoe and Mace have a wonderful chemistry, and their dialogue is sharp and witty. Ms. Jacob's characters are funny, fresh, and make you want to sit down and chat with them a while." ~Romance Junkies

"...a wonderfully funny story." ~Writers Unlimited Reviewer
***

I hope you'll check it out! It's available as a ebook and a paperback. It's also available in Kindle Unlimited.  And while you're at Amazon, the first WMAC News story, Not Precisely Pregnant, is free today. It's my thank you for picking up The Makeover!

This is my summer of romantic comedy. How to Catch a Groom and How to Hunt a Husband will be out in June and August.  Romantic comedy was my first writing home and it's always fun to come home.

Speaking of homes, I'm planning to spend my summer at our cottage. We're still thick in the renovations. You can see where we're starting the season here. You can keep an eye on projects on social media. The blue tape around the stone is to protect the wood when we grout. All that stone came from our property. I'm taking Susan out later this spring to film so more Trippin' with Holly and Susan videos! I so love it out there!

I hope you love where you're at as well. And I hope sometimes where you're at is a comfy chair reading The Makeover!

As always, thanks for everything!

Holly
PS. If you'd prefer getting my newsletter in your in-box, you can subscribe here.
Twitter
Facebook
Website
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment