Sunday, October 22, 2017

Becoming Something New...My Novel Freshman Experience, Part17


Emerging as something new.

It's something I've touched on in my books and something I've experienced myself.  

We have so many ways to describe ourselves...so many hats we wear.  I've got a long list...daughter, wife, mother, writer, friend, sister, student, lactation consultant, basket weaver, cook, gardener, furniture refinisher...  LOL  It's always growing.

So many of you have been following my back-to-school adventures...I'm having so much fun adding potter to the list!  Thanks for joining me as I play with clay!  We had to do a narrative piece or a teapot for our final assignment.  I did both.  I thought about using a poem from Tolkien, but ended up using a quote from one of my own books.

Pip in Carry Her Heart talked about reinventing ourselves so beautifully, "Maybe we all repeatedly curl up in a chrysalis and emerge as something else."  She also said, "Maybe we live our lives constantly becoming and rebecoming. Maybe we’re always in the process of metamorphosing into something new."

That idea of becoming something new really resonates with me.  I'm in class with a bunch of young people.  I sometimes want to tell them that they're going to have an amazing adventure.  They'll learn so many marvelous things and become something new over and over again!  I don't.  I try to tone down my glee in the class (though when I said that, one of the kids assured me I leak glee and don't hide it well at all! LOL), but I hope they all discover something new about themselves over and over.  I know that I always keep growing.

I hope you all take a moment, curl up in a chrysalis and emerge as something new as well!  Thanks for joining me here in Hollyworld.  And if you haven't read Carry Her Heart and the Words of the Heart series, they're all on sale now!

Holly



PS If you missed any My Novel Freshman Experiences, you can find them at: Part Sixteen,  Part FifteenPart FourteenPart ThirteenPart TwelvePart ElevenPart TenPart NinePart EightPart Seven, Part SixPart FivePart FourPart ThreePart TwoPart One


2 comments:

  1. Holly, that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sherry!! I'm so thrilled with how it turned out. I'm hoping it's all still together when I get back there! LOL

      Delete