Tuesday, March 19, 2019

A Makeover Story

The Makeover
If you've watched our Trippin' with Holly and Susan videos, you've probably noticed I'm not someone who's prone to wearing a lot of makeup. Okay, frankly, I rarely wear makeup. Maybe that's why the idea of someone getting a makeover strikes me as funny. . .because I don't think it would be fun.

A few years back, my youngest went with me to New York. She went to see the sites. I went to go to a conference. There was a big party and she got very nervous when she saw my makeup bag was a bit light. So she came and made me over and made me up.  She did a better job than my poor heroine got in The Makeover. But this book isn't just a story of a very bad makeover. It's about making over your life. About finding where you belong.

One of my favorite quotes from the story is, ". . . bigger isn't always better. Happy is." That pretty much sums up my life philosophy.  Family. Friends. Little moments. Quiet places. Those are things that make me happy.

And maybe that's the trick. Finding what makes you happy. Finding where you belong. And finding who you belong with.

I hope you check out The Makeover! It's available for preorder now and will be released on April 1st...April Fools Day!  And I truly hope you've find your happy place.

Holly

PS 
There's a Sale-palooza at Amazon this month! If you've missed one, I hope you pick it up.
On Sale for $.99:
Carry Her Heart 
    A mother gives up her child...then builds a life around her.
Hold Her Heart 
    Her child comes home.
Just One Thing 
    Sometimes we heal one memory at a time.
Everything But a Groom 
    A grandmother curses her family to bad weddings and spends a trilogy trying to break the curse.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment