Saturday, November 10, 2018

What Makes a Family?

I just finished Futureface by Alex Wagner. It's her personal journey...her exploration into her family's roots. More than that, it's her search for where she belongs.

The book resonated with me.  I didn't know anything about my biological father until I was an adult. After we found him I found that branch of my family tree. Over the years we've built a relationship I treasure.  I've dug into that family tree and have reveled in family stories. So Alex's book and search truly resonated with me.

And my fractured family might give readers insight into why family is such a big part of the books I write. It doesn't matter if I'm writing a comedy or women's fiction or mystery...family's at the center of the story.

Next Tuesday my new release, Between the Words, comes out. It's a different type of story for me. You see...

Alice had the perfect life…which fell apart when her husband’s pregnant mistress showed up at her door.

Olivia was leading an imperfect life until it fell together when she met her cheating boyfriend’s other woman…his wife.


Two Women.

Two Romances.


Two Happily-Ever-Afters.

The Words of the Heart series is really four very stand-alone books that all intersect. Alice first appears in These Three Words. Other characters also come from the series. But the heart of the story is Alice and Olivia's relationship...the family they build. And while they both find romances, those new relationships are complicated by their fear of losing that family.


Family.

It's complex. In some cases, like Alex Wagner's the journey to where she belonged took her took her to Burma and Luxembourg. For me it took me down south and to Europe. In Between the Words Alice and Olivia's journey to family shows them that at it's core family is all about the heart.

I hope you'll preorder Between the Words. Like I said, it's totally a stand-alone book, but if you want to read the series in order, they are:

Carry Her Heart
These Three Words
Hold Her Heart
Between the Words

The first two, Carry Her Heart and These Three Words are on sale for $.99 this month.

Holly







Don't forget my new release 
Polished Off: A Maid in LA Mystery is out! Check out Quincy's newest adventure!

Then go back to school with three PTA Moms.  There's a bonus short story included! Check out the PTA Mom Collection!!






Don't want to miss any new releases in the future? Subscribe to my Newsletter!! I'll keep you up-to-date and I frequently have something special for subscribers!


As always, you can find my ebooks, paperbacks, hardbacks, audiobooks and available through Kindle Unlimited.  They're also available in a lot of other languages. I hope there's something for all of you!


Find my books at:

In Erie, you can find my books on the shelf at Werner Books

No comments:

Post a Comment