Monday, September 10, 2018

Stoning, Wolfing and Learning...oh my.



I spend a lot of My Novel Freshman Experience posts talking about going back to school and learning new things (so far just about ceramics, but maybe someday soon I'll take another type of class LOL).  But here's the big thing I hope to share...learning something new doesn't require going back to school.  This weekend Himself and I started stoning behind the woodstove at The Cottage.  That is something very new.  We've laid tile before, but this is a different process altogether.  We're hoping to finish it over the course of a few visits.

It's not just people who learn new skills.  Since we lost Ethel Merman, Ella Fitzgerald has had to learn to be an only dog.  She's been more than a little lost.  But she's getting better.  We've been trying to convince her she's a camp dog.  She's pretty sure she's not, but we're still trying.  After we finished our stoning this weekend, we headed out to the truck. I didn't bother to put Ella on her lead...she's always happy to leave camp and head back to the house.  But this time...she took off.  She found her inner-wolf and led us on a merry chase.  Well, merry on her part.  She is very fast for a small sausage dog.  

But in the end, we lured her back to the truck with a treat.  She learned that camp can be fun.  We learned that she is a dog who will continued using her lead...even if it's just a short walk to the truck.  (This picture was taken after her wild wolf run...she doesn't looked the least bit sorry, does she?)





I'm still loving ceramics, but it's led me to painting as well.  I'm enjoying that as well.  That's the thing with learning...one thing leads to another.  I'm hoping Ella's done learning about her inner-wolf, but I know I'm not done learning about pottery and painting and stoning and...  Well, I'm not done with any of it.

I hope you have your Monday Glee today and that you find something new to learn about and maybe love!


Here's a couple more Trippin' with Holly and Susan videos.  We're still touring Erie with this round.  So come to Erie (at least in the videos, but we'd love if you came in real life, too!) and talk about books with us.  If you have any questions or topics you'd like us to discuss, please let me know!

Holly




Today Susan and I are talking about writing assistants. And we're continuing our tour of Erie, PA. We're at the courthouse in this episode...on the outside, not the inside! LOL  


Reader Expectations...they're something writers try to meet. Find out why in our newest video. When you pick up a Holly Jacobs' book, what do you expect?
I talked about the three types of books I write...comedy, drama and cozy mystery. Check out all three and tell me if you can find what they have in common. Comedy...PTA Moms: The Collection Drama...Briar Hill Road Cozy Mystery...Polished Off

PS
Don't forget my new release Polished Off: A Maid in LA Mystery is out! Check out Quincy's newest adventure!

Then go back to school with three PTA Moms.  There's a bonus short story included! Check out the PTA Mom Collection!!

Able to Love Again...There's a new episode out today!






PTA Moms: the Collection

Don't want to miss any new releases in the future? Subscribe to my Newsletter!! I'll keep you up-to-date and I frequently have something special for subscribers!


As always, you can find my ebooks, paperbacks, hardbacks, audiobooks and available through Kindle Unlimited.  They're also available in a lot of other languages. I hope there's something for all of you!


Find my books at:

In Erie, you can find my books on the shelf at Werner Books


No comments:

Post a Comment