Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Why I want to be Steve Martin when I grow up!

I've been listening to Steve Martin's music lately.  As I was listening yesterday, I realized, I want to be Steve Martin when I grow up.  Why?  Because here's someone who does what he loves.  You can see the joy on his face when he plays his banjo.

I really love that he's allowed himself to grow and change as he gets older.  (No Steve, I'm not calling you old.)  Comedian, actor, author and Grammy-Award winning musician.  He hasn't let himself be pegged by labels.  He said, "I don't like to look back, and I'm always worried about the next thing rather than resting on the laurels."  


That resonates for me.  I know a little about a lot of things...and look forward to continue to learn new bits and find new passions to chase.  I'm heading back to school in August.  Who knows what I'll discover?  Yes, I want to be like him...maybe we should all try to be a little like Steve Martin?

Holly


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:27 PM

    I didn't know he was so multi-talented. I did know he played the banjo from some skits on SNL. He's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti, Oh, you do need to listen to his real (not SNL) music. I just bought This one...love it! http://amzn.to/2rT423W

    ReplyDelete