Monday, January 23, 2017

Cooks and Books #4, The Wild Baby Book


It's  National Reading Day! I dug out an old post with one of my family's favorite books, The Wild Baby Book.  I've read it so many times that I can do most of it by heart.  

I think one of the reasons I made Pip (Carry Her Heart) a children's book author is that I so strongly believe in the importance of reading to children.  For years, like Pip, I was a Kindergarten Book Lady.  I came in once a week and read and sang song, from Grey Squirrel to Boa Constrictor.  

Today I thought we could share our favorite children's books.  

Here are a few of mine:

Oh, and my favorite first chapter book...Wolf Story!

Most of these are excellent stories that engage the children.  They can shout about rain making applesauce, or understand why a book with no pictures makes grownups say ridiculous things.  They become participants.  And learning to engage with a book...well, that's what it's all about!

Please add your favorites!!

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment