Thursday, April 21, 2016

Blame it on...Texas!

Blame it on Texas...
well, actually, I'm blaming today's surprise release on Texas and Carolyn Brown.  You see, Carolyn and I are friends.  And she invited me to send one of my characters down to her Palo Duro Canyon, Texas series.

To be honest, I didn't plan to say yes.  As a matter of fact, I'm so busy here I didn't think I could say yes.  And yet, I found myself thinking about Texas and a character, Sunny, from this fall's The Plus Side. (Remember the ICU nurse, Alice in These Three Words?  It's her story.)  Sunny had just a small cameo in the book, but I knew more of her story than I'd included in The Plus Side.  And I knew that Sunny needed to get out of town.  What if Sunny headed to Texas?  

Darn those two words...what-if.  Once I thought them, I couldn't unthink them.  And I certainly couldn't stop thinking about Sunny and Texas and...  Well, before I knew it, I had a story and Sunny was in the canyon.  She met a few of Carolyn's characters there and she met a certain deputy, Josh Able and...

Well, I hope you'll pick up Able to Love Again and see what happens next!

I'll confess, I didn't plan to write this story, but I'm so glad I did.  I loved Josh and Sunny, and everyone in the canyon!  Most of my books are set here in Erie.  Oh, I've set some in neighboring Ohio and New York, and my Maid in LA series is set mainly in California. It was so fun to send Sunny from Erie to Texas.
And I hope after you pick up Able to Love Again, you watch next week for my Mother's Day release, A Simple Heart: A Cupid Falls Novella! (It's available for preorder!) After that, comes I Waxed My Legs for This? in June! (Also available for preorder!)  And there are more coming soon!  I'll give you details as soon as I have them!

Before I go, I want to say, "Carolyn, thank you so much for inviting me to Texas!  I had so much fun!"  I hope you all enjoy your visit, too!

Holly

 (You can read Carolyn's Palo Duro Canyon stories, Long Hot Texas Summer and Daisies in the Canyon.)




No comments:

Post a Comment