Tuesday, June 02, 2020

June Newsletter, Homecoming is out!!


The third book in my Hometown Hearts series is out today!! Like the rest of the series, Homecoming is about family, but it's also a story of Loss, Love and even Literacy. Yes, I tackle another subject that's near and dear to my heart.

Here's my Dear Reader letter that explains it...
 
Dear Reader,

I have always been a reader. I tell people that I was raised by Tolkien, Lewis, Heinlein and McCaffrey, and I’m only half kidding. Their stories—along with so many others—have taught me so much about acceptance and faith. And about love. Living my life without reading? I’d miss so much.
That’s why my character JT’s functional illiteracy was so compelling to me. According to the National Right to Read Foundation, “42 million American adults can’t read at all and 20 percent of high school seniors can be classified as being functionally illiterate at the time they graduate.” As a writer, I find these figures tragic; as a lifelong reader, I think they are a crime. 
Despite that heavy subject, the real theme of the story is that life gives second chances…and sometimes so does love.
The last thing Laura Watson is looking for is love. She’s lost her fiancĂ©, had his baby…she just wants peace. But when Seth Keller comes into her life, she finds love. So does he, and he’s not looking for it either. But finding love and embracing it are two different things. It takes a certain strength. And that’s the question for both Laura and Seth. Are they strong enough to take a chance on love again?
I hope you enjoy their journey and the rest of my Hometown Hearts series.

Buy your copy of  Homecoming

Life Gives Second Chances ...
Sometimes So Does Love 

KindleKoboIBooksNook

And if you've missed the other stories in the series, check them out!

OUT NOW:



Crib Notes: Hometown Hearts #1

KindleNookKoboiBook
  
  
 




A Special Kind of Different: Hometown Hearts #2

KindleiBookKoboNook




PREORDER  Suddenly a Father: Hometown Hearts #4
Available in September

KindleKoboNookiBooks
For everyone who's been following my pottery studio saga, here's HollysWood Studio!
Thank you everyone for your support! I hope you're staying safe. These are the times I write for...times I want to remind you all that good trumps evil and love wins!

Holly
Twitter
Facebook
Website
YouTube
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment