Sunday, May 31, 2020

One Step a a TIme



We worked at the barn yesterday and I got 18,000 steps. Yep, 18,000!!!  My leg issues started last June, so we're heading on a year. It's been six months since my last surgery. And I'm finally getting back to normal (normal being relative LOL).

So it didn't happen overnight. It's felt slow and annoying, not being able to do what I wanted. But each day, I tried to do a tiny bit more. A tiny bit better.

It's a good reminder for life.

My pottery is getting closer to what I want, but that hasn't happened overnight. I get a tiny bit better every time I make something. Although my studio is pretty much perfect! (Thanks to Himself!!)

It was like that with writing, too. Many of my early books are still available, and if you pick one up, I hope you like it. But I also hope you think, man she writes better books now. Over the years, I hope I've gotten a tiny bit better with each sentence, each book, I've written.

Change and growth don't happen in an instant. It take time. Slow and steady.

Speaking of books...I hope you check out the third Hometown Hearts, Homecoming, on Tuesday! And if you missed Crib Notes and A Special Kind of Different, I hope you'll check them out as well!

Holly


Crib Notes, HH #1
Out Now: A Special Kind of Different, HH #2

OUT ON TUESDAY
Preorder: Homecoming, HH #3


Suddenly a Father
Kindle
Kobo
Nook
iBooks

The rest of the Hometown Hearts series will be coming soon.
Something Borrowed, Something Blue and Something Perfect in 2021!


PS and if you're looking for a short read, check out my dog Tallulah's pandemic romance, Quarantine! Okay, so the dog isn't the main character, but please don't tell her that. She thinks she's the star!



No comments:

Post a Comment