Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Teaser Tuesday, Carry Her Heart

#TeaserTuesday

I'll confess, I've always been fascinated by how people describe themselves.  There are so many options.  Your family title, your job, a belief, a hobby...  And what's even more interesting is how those definitions change and alter with time and new experiences.

One of the things I worked at as I wrote Carry Her Heart was watching Piper's description of herself change as time goes on.  She says:

But maybe people are like monarchs in more ways than that. 

Maybe we all repeatedly curl up in a chyrsalis and emerge as something else entirely.

I was a child; for that brief hour, I was a mother . . . then a nursing student, then a nurse, then a writer, then a . . . 

Maybe we live our lives constantly becoming and rebecoming.

Maybe we’re always in the process of metamorphosing into something new.

How do you describe yourself?

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment