Monday, January 26, 2015

Salmon Spinach Bowties

Another quick, easy, healthy meal.  
(I did my normal, non-recipe method while cooking...the measurements are close, but not exact)

Salmon Spinach Bowties

1 lb whole wheat bowties
1 package fresh spinach
Leftover salmon (maybe 12 oz)
1/4 cup butter (well, it was actually a little less butter and olive oil balancing out the remainder)
1 cuppish skim milk
1 cuppish parmesan cheese
a good dash of basil, oregano and parsley


Cook the noodles, drain them. Heat the butter & spices, add spinach and salmon. When just spinach is just starting to wilt, take it off the heat, add noodles and then parm.

That's it.

Now, if I was cooking for me, I'd have added a bunch of garlic. My finicky eater wouldn't have liked that, so I didn't.

We're really working at next to no pre-made food this year. (Trying out a rule if it has more than 3 ingredients, rethink it.) We've never done much, but we're doing less than not-much. And as always, we're trying to utilize leftovers. This recipe would work well with any leftover protein. I've done something similar with white beans. When you add those to the whole grain pasta, you have a complete protein.


Holly

4 comments:

  1. Hi Holly.

    This looks great! I want to try out more recipes with whole wheat pasta. Tried it once in lasagne but didn't like it. This is a smaller thing to try out (with garlic!) and something I can only do when my "no rice/no pasta" husband is away at work....lol

    (HUGS) from Liz in Denmark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz, I thought I replied to this, but no answer showed up!

      Hope you like it when you try it. I'm not sure how your husband manages no rice or pasta...that's half my diet!

      Delete
    2. Hi Holly.
      I'm not used to this blog stuff otherwise I would have made more comments...lol
      Don't know how he does it either...lol

      Delete
    3. Liz, Well, obviously I'm not great on it since replies disappear!

      Delete