Thursday, November 20, 2014

Holly's 2,000 mile walk!



So as November winds down, I was taking a look at my FitBit numbers.  I have walked at least 10,000 steps every day…only a few more weeks to go to meet my goal of a whole year of 10,000 steps a day.

Here's my stats as of 11-20-14:
4,314,177 steps 1,887.89 miles

I should be able to hit 2,000 miles no problem.

Which means, I could walk from Erie, PA to just about Twin Falls, Idaho!  According to MapQuest it's 2009.92 miles.  So I'm going to shoot for at least that much from now until the end of the year.

I just look for a destination that was a fairly straight shot from Erie.  But this ended up being a great route.  I'd have walked by Cleveland, Toledo, Chicago, South Bend, Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, Omaha, Lincoln, Kearney, Cheyenne, Salt Lake City and finally Twin Falls!  And I'm sure a lot of small towns along the way!  So for the next few weeks, I'm going to give some shout outs to the towns along the way as I walk the last bit of my year's steps!

If you're from any of the cities or towns on my route, give me a shout at HollyJacobs! (at) gmail (dot) com and let me know what landmarks I should have stopped to see!  I'll add your posts and any pictures you send to the 2,000 mile countdown!

Holly

PS I'm posting some responses from friends along my route here:




From Debra Maher on Facebook:
<<When I was a child two men came to our house and asked for water refills. They were actually walking across the country with their burro. This reminds me of that, in a virtual way. This is a pic I recently took in Stow, Ohio, outside of Cleveland.>>

No comments:

Post a Comment