Friday, October 12, 2018

Book Stories: Maid in LA



I write romances. I started writing romantic comedy and then some sweet romances and finally moved into more serious dramas. Many were a cross between romance and women's fiction. I tried to coin the word Womance...it didn't catch on. LOL I settled for Romance+.

That's a lot of different types of writing. But I had this idea for a character. A maid who accidentally cleans a murder scene. And because she's good at her job...she cleans up the murder weapon. Quincy Mac doesn't want to go to jail for just cleaning good...so she sets out to solve the mystery.

I've had such a great time with Quincy. I have a friend in Hollywood. She was sweet enough to let me pepper her with questions as I wrote the series. Any times I stretch how things work there, it's on me not on her. Oh, and she not only works in the industry...she writes too. Check out her books, Dee J. Adams.

I really thought Quincy was a one-off. My only cozy mystery series. But my agent asked if I'd consider writing another series. And I started to mull and...well, I don't want to even talk about the title because I really want to save it for a reveal next year. But suffice to say, I have once again dipped my toes into cozy mysteries. I've finished the first two books and hope to have more info for you soon! In the meantime, my first four Maid in LA books are in a collection...and it's on sale. And the new (final?) book is out as well! I hope you'll check them all out! When you're done, if you have a sec, please go leave a review!

Speaking of cleaning...that's part of my agenda today. I don't mind vacuuming or laundry, but man, I hate dusting! I think there's a chance that all the books in my house might be a part of that...dusting them is a pain. LOL How about you? Is there a chore you just can't like?
Don't forget to check out...
The Maid in LA Collection is on sale for $1.99.
When you're done, pick up book #5, Polished Off. Quincy Mac's cleaning up Hollywood...one murder at a time!

Holly

PS Quincy's from Erie. She comes back home for a visit in book #3. Many of my books are set here in Erie and many of them take readers to Presque Isle. Join Susan and me in this new Trippin' video and we'll give you a tour!








Don't forget my new release 
Polished Off: A Maid in LA Mystery is out! Check out Quincy's newest adventure!

Then go back to school with three PTA Moms.  There's a bonus short story included! Check out the PTA Mom Collection!!






Don't want to miss any new releases in the future? Subscribe to my Newsletter!! I'll keep you up-to-date and I frequently have something special for subscribers!


As always, you can find my ebooks, paperbacks, hardbacks, audiobooks and available through Kindle Unlimited.  They're also available in a lot of other languages. I hope there's something for all of you!


Find my books at:

In Erie, you can find my books on the shelf at Werner Books

No comments:

Post a Comment