Saturday, July 12, 2014

Holly's Granola

I keep getting requests for this recipe…well, any recipe from me is a rather broad description.  This one in particular can take all kinds of tweaking toward your own personal taste.  I'm including the version I make most often here and some of the easy substitutes.

Anyway, I'm putting it here so it's easy to find in the future!


Holly's Easy Granola

1/2 cup oil

1 cup brown sugar (or honey or maple syrup…real maple syrup)

1/2 cup water

2 tsp vanilla

6 cups oats (I've been using a Bob's Mill multi grain cereal for part of the oats lately & love their thicker cut oats)

1 cup of soy flour & whole wheat flour (I vary the amounts and have never found a problem)

1/2 cup wheat germ

1 TB or more cinnamon

1 cup or more nuts (walnuts, pecans and almonds are my favors…I've been doing more nuts of late)

Place in two greased 9x13 pans and bake about 2 hours at 250, stirring every twenty minutes or so.

I frequently do an hour or so, turn the oven off and leave the granola in it as it cools.  Later in the day I come back and do the other hour or so.

When I serve it for breakfast, I do a quarter cup or so with about the same amount of yogurt and then fresh fruit or raisins.

No comments:

Post a Comment