Monday, January 22, 2018

My Second Term—My Novel Freshman Experience


School started again last week.  I'm so excited to be back.  Ceramics II is a lot of independent work so I've spent the week thinking about what I hope to accomplish with the class.  What sort of work I want to produce.

It's not that much different from the questions I asked when I started writing.  I grew up reading science fiction and fantasy.  I jokingly say that Tolkien, Lewis, Heinlein and so many raised me.  Only it's really not much of a joke.  They did.  I grew up in Middle Earth, Narnia and on the spaceship Dora.  That's what I thought I'd write.  And yet, I was drawn to romance because it was about relationships.  I loved taking a man and a women, throwing a multitude of hurdles in their way, and watching love wins. 


So, now I'm starting my second term of college and asking myself, what do I want to accomplish in this class.  We were asked to propose seven projects for the term, but more than that I wanted to find a theme for the term.  I've mulled for a week and finally landed on Folk Art.  According to the Museum of International Folk Art, it's "the art of the everyday."  So I wrote my seven proposed projects with Folk Art in mind.  From Santas, to birds, to quilts, to...  Oh, this is going to be so much fun!

I'm hope this term sees my ceramic skills grow!


Holly

Here's My Novel Freshman Experience posts from the first term!

Part 20
Part 19
Part 18,  
Part 17, 
Part 16,  
Part 15, 
Part 14, 
Part 13, 
Part 12, 
Part 11, 
Part 10, 
Part 9
Part 8
Part 7 
Part 6, 
Part 5
Part 4
Part 3
Part 2
Part 1



No comments:

Post a Comment