Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Chocolate Zucchini Cake






It's that time of year...Zucchini-palooza!!
So today, I pulled out an old favorite, Chocolate Zucchini Cake (thanks Donna Alward for the original recipe)!!


So here goes:

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

2 1/2 Cups Flour (I used a white whole wheat...trying to pack the nutrition in!)
1/2 Cup Cocoa
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon (I heaped mine...you can never have enough cinnamon!)
3/4 Cup Oil (I never use the full amount...I think it was about 1/2 cup this time)
1 Cup Brown Sugar (I like dark brown sugar)
1 Cup White Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
2 Cups Grated Zucchini (I used two giant ones from the garden, but I grated around the seeds)
1/2 Cup Milk
3 Eggs (from Smith Farms...my favorite local farm!)

Back at 350 for about an hour.

Oh, and I coated my bunt pan with turbinado sugar.  Those large grains held up nicely and the cake popped right out of the pan after it cooled about ten minutes!

I topped mine with raspberries from the garden and whipped cream, and I've just used powdered sugar before, but seriously, this is great all by itself!

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment